Wanted to get some sewing done this weekend so I got plenty of sewing done. But, first want to start off with a award I received from a wonderful woman by the name of Tanya her blog is called Sew Sassy Again. Thanks a bunch Tanya for the award. I totally love your blog and if you haven't nominated me totally would have nominated you.
I was surprise to get the award from Tanya. Tanya happen to come cross my blog a couple of months ago and have been stopping in since. I love her sewing projects she do great work. You go girl.:)
So now I have to nominate 7 people on my blog who should I give this Kreativ Blogger Award to hummmmmmm.
1. Christina - Crafty Christina because she does some great creative projects. With her crocheting and now she doing knitting. Waiting to see more sewing projects there Christina lol. :)
2. Susan - Knitters Delight, I recently just starting visiting her blog a couple of months ago and loving her sewing projects. Great job there.:)
3. Cami - Crochet Cami, OMG she does some lovely quilting work. I am not a quilter but, I just may want to try it out one day. Love her crocheting and knitting projects as well. :)
4. C Dishmey - Wall Street by Day, I know she just recently started back sewing but, always loved her sewing projects from the first time I visited her blog.
5. Kim - Kim Kouture yep you guess it she sews also from clothes to bags and more. Great job, love visiting her blog.:)
6. Lisa H - Sew On and Sew On is a great sewer. She is plus size like myself and she show so many sewing projects that I totally want to try it she is totally making room for us plus sizers to go for it. :) WTG
This last blogger I am going to list I know have already been nominated by another blogger but, it wont hurt to nominate her again due that I love her work.:)
7. Cennetta - The Mahogany Stylist, another wonderful sewer. Love everything she makes. Keep up the great work.
Now all these bloggers I nominate they also need to nominate 7 other bloggers and contact them on there blogs to let them know you nominated them for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Ok now on with the show. I know everyone been hoping to caught a couple of pictures to the purse I finally finished for my blog contest winner "Nancy" the one that won. Remember I had a dress that I was going to make into a purse/bag.
So finally finished it so now you can get a few pictures of the bag.:)
Inside lining, with my tag label
Front of purse that shows off a pretty cherry/ this is also a pocket and part of the handle straps.
See pockets also on both sides :)
Also another sewing project that I started Saturday night and finshed yesterday Sunday morning.
Again no pattern followed just some old jeans I had that I cut out to use to make me a draft.
Notions: 3 navy buttons 3/4 inch and 1 7 inch black zipper
Pattern Description: Jeans/ that is a grayish black color, with 2 pockets in the back with flaps to the pockets and hip pockets in the front.
Pattern Sizing: Sizes 20 plus size
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Didn't follow a pattern used a pair of my old jeans to trace out a draft to make my jeans here.
Were the instructions easy to follow? I mainly used instructions on what I already knew when it comes to sewing. I used a couple of sewing books to get the idea of what I was doing.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This was my own pattern I liked it all.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: There wasn't none.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I totally would sew this again. I am now getting the hang of drafting out my own patterns from old clothes and it fits fine. I would recommend it to those sewers that would like to take that chance.
Conclusion: Love my new jeans they fit lovely. I like that it's not to loose or to tight and it fits in all the right places. I just couldn't believe that I did this WOW :) LOL
WIP on Front
WIP on back
Close up on back pockets
What's on my sewing table for the upcoming weeks. I wont be doing much sewing this upcoming weekend going back go Green Bay my sweatheart's birthday is Friday. So will do as much sewing from now until Thursday.
I have plans to do Nesa some jeans and a shirt. Me 2 shirts and some jeans. I also want to do a hat for the first time to see how that turns out.
Later on down the line. I want to do a capelet with belt pattern I believe is by McCall also want to work on a cardigan and of course purses and more recons.
But, that's all for now thanks for stopping by blogger friends.:) Take care everyone.