Monday, January 26, 2009

What A Weekend

Wanted to get some sewing done this weekend so I got plenty of sewing done. But, first want to start off with a award I received from a wonderful woman by the name of Tanya her blog is called Sew Sassy Again. Thanks a bunch Tanya for the award. I totally love your blog and if you haven't nominated me totally would have nominated you.

I was surprise to get the award from Tanya. Tanya happen to come cross my blog a couple of months ago and have been stopping in since. I love her sewing projects she do great work. You go girl.:)

So now I have to nominate 7 people on my blog who should I give this Kreativ Blogger Award to hummmmmmm.

kreativblogger


1. Christina - Crafty Christina because she does some great creative projects. With her crocheting and now she doing knitting. Waiting to see more sewing projects there Christina lol. :)

2. Susan - Knitters Delight, I recently just starting visiting her blog a couple of months ago and loving her sewing projects. Great job there.:)

3. Cami - Crochet Cami, OMG she does some lovely quilting work. I am not a quilter but, I just may want to try it out one day. Love her crocheting and knitting projects as well. :)

4. C Dishmey - Wall Street by Day, I know she just recently started back sewing but, always loved her sewing projects from the first time I visited her blog.

5. Kim - Kim Kouture yep you guess it she sews also from clothes to bags and more. Great job, love visiting her blog.:)

6. Lisa H - Sew On and Sew On is a great sewer. She is plus size like myself and she show so many sewing projects that I totally want to try it she is totally making room for us plus sizers to go for it. :) WTG

This last blogger I am going to list I know have already been nominated by another blogger but, it wont hurt to nominate her again due that I love her work.:)

7. Cennetta - The Mahogany Stylist, another wonderful sewer. Love everything she makes. Keep up the great work.


Now all these bloggers I nominate they also need to nominate 7 other bloggers and contact them on there blogs to let them know you nominated them for the Kreativ Blogger Award.


Ok now on with the show. I know everyone been hoping to caught a couple of pictures to the purse I finally finished for my blog contest winner "Nancy" the one that won. Remember I had a dress that I was going to make into a purse/bag.

So finally finished it so now you can get a few pictures of the bag.:)

100_1513
Bag

100_1510
Inside lining, with my tag label

100_1511
Front of purse that shows off a pretty cherry/ this is also a pocket and part of the handle straps.

100_1508
See pockets also on both sides :)




Also another sewing project that I started Saturday night and finshed yesterday Sunday morning.
Again no pattern followed just some old jeans I had that I cut out to use to make me a draft.

Fabric: Denim

Notions: 3 navy buttons 3/4 inch and 1 7 inch black zipper

Pattern Description: Jeans/ that is a grayish black color, with 2 pockets in the back with flaps to the pockets and hip pockets in the front.

Pattern Sizing: Sizes 20 plus size

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Didn't follow a pattern used a pair of my old jeans to trace out a draft to make my jeans here.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I mainly used instructions on what I already knew when it comes to sewing. I used a couple of sewing books to get the idea of what I was doing.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This was my own pattern I liked it all.


Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: There wasn't none.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I totally would sew this again. I am now getting the hang of drafting out my own patterns from old clothes and it fits fine. I would recommend it to those sewers that would like to take that chance.

Conclusion: Love my new jeans they fit lovely. I like that it's not to loose or to tight and it fits in all the right places. I just couldn't believe that I did this WOW :) LOL

100_1518
WIP on Front

100_1516
WIP on back

100_1519
Front


100_1523
Back

100_1529
Me/Front

100_1533
Close up on back pockets

100_1534
Me/Back


What's on my sewing table for the upcoming weeks. I wont be doing much sewing this upcoming weekend going back go Green Bay my sweatheart's birthday is Friday. So will do as much sewing from now until Thursday.

I have plans to do Nesa some jeans and a shirt. Me 2 shirts and some jeans. I also want to do a hat for the first time to see how that turns out.

Later on down the line. I want to do a capelet with belt pattern I believe is by McCall also want to work on a cardigan and of course purses and more recons.


But, that's all for now thanks for stopping by blogger friends.:) Take care everyone.



ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

18 comments:

Susan said...

First off - I need those pants! Great shape. Second - thanks for the nomination! I will make sure to post the award this week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the purse is perfect! And I love the pants!!!! Congrats on the award!!!!! You totally deserve it, woman!!

Crafty Christina said...

You do totally deserve the award! Thank you for passing it on!

Those jeans are freakin awesome and look incredible on you! Love the purse too. You're on a roll girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrat's girlfriend! Yes, I would have nominated you but moreover I would give you an award for being an excellent role model and inspiration to your girls and that includes your cousin.

Gloria in Boston

Mimi said...

Wonderful job on your jeans!...you make it seem so easy ;) Nice purse too!

Lisa H. said...

Congradulations.You are awesome and now everybody knows it.I love the jeans and purse.The lining inside the purse is a nice surprise.You did a great job with those jeans,especially the pockets.

Tanya said...

You go girl! Those jeans are baaaaaaaaaad, in a good way lol. The fit is incredible as always you did a fantastic job. The purse is too cute, love the cherry.

Laura said...

Lesa,

Those are great projects! I'm amazed at how you just whip stuff up with out a pattern!

Vicki said...

Absolutely gorgeous work as always! You're so talented, I'm envious!!

craziebunny said...

LOve he purse you did! WOW those are great looking pants you made!! You keep out doing yourself!WTG!

Cennetta said...

Thank you! Great job on the purse and pants.

Bron said...

wow!! - your jeans are great!!
I was scrolling back up to see what pattern you used then saw you drafted them yourself!
Great job! =)

Omega said...

I love the jeans, great job, and that purse is so cute. I'll have to try one, that was something I had in mind to make this year.

Congratulations on your awards!

The Bookworm said...

hi lesa, nice award! congratulations.

and great projects as always :) the jeans...wow!! I wish I could make my own jeans.
the bag is so cute.

http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

CraftyAshley said...

Hey girl! I haven't stopped by in awhile hope your doing well! Congrats on your award you deserve it! That purse looks nice and roomy. And your pants rock! They look great on you! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I stopped by from PR to check out the No Pattern Jacket and got caught up in everything else you posted! great blog, i'll be following along!
These pants are great and look FABOO on YOU!!

Nena3110 said...

Yours daughters are so cute.
You r crafts are so nice, I like bags so much. Bravo!

Caroline said...

Love the pants! They look high-end designer! What great fabric!