Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Don't Mess With Her (crochet)

LOL. I guess this is what you get when you pull your daughter away from her Dora. LOL she just was looking so mean and didn't want to take the pictures to show off her new tank top I whipped up quickly. Love this tank top was happy to say it didn't take long. I guess crocheting for a little one you tend to not have to crochet for a long amount of time.

So here goes my 2 yr old daughter and her pretty tank top. Done with a J hook in single stitches for the top of the take top and for the arm holds. The edging was done in shell stitches but, did them real close together to make it look more like ruffle like design. Don't follow patterns just go with the flow of things. Soon I will post the matching skirt to this tank top soon. :)

Here goes the front of her tank top:)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Back

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Close up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There you have it my little girl and her pretty tank top. Oh yeah that's right had lots of people asking me on message boards what kind of yarn it's by Red Heart called Dusk :)

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Wow that's so cute!!!! I've never tried making any clothing. Well actually I did make a baby sweater that still needs buttons (after about 5 years!)

Sheila said...

Hello Lesa... Thanks for stopping by. The post about the skirt, it was a sewing project I started and along the way fugged up and thought I could throw it away and start anew... but after putting in 5 hours of work, I decided there was something more destined for it.. so I found a way to correct the puckered seams and now all is well. Your daughter is adorable.. and love the cute tops. The dusk color yarn is fab... I am a fan of variegated yarn. Will stay tuned for more from Leasalicious Style & Life.

Veroncia Butler said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love new friends.

Jada said...

That is too cute!!I am going to have to get that pattern!!

Mary Sarah said...

HI! Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. Yours is great and your little girl is adorable. What a cute tank top! You do some amazing work! I'll be back to read your updates!