Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oh My My My

Ok well quick weekend update.

Well I know you all remember this picture of these fabrics.
100_0937


Well I whipped up me a quick outfit. I haven't sewn for me in awhile. But, here goes.



My outfit

100_0944

Front
Started shirt on June 5, 2008
Finished shirt on June 5, 2008
Started the capris on June 4, 2008
Finished the capris on June 4, 2008
Took 1 half hour at the most for the shirt
Took 1 hour at the most on the capris
I cut the fabric and the pattern on the 4th for the shirt and capris
Used print knitted fabric for shirt and knitted fabric for the capris
Shirt size 18
Capris size 20

Back

100_0945


I had to use the fabric for my shirt to put a little on the bottom of my capris for a little more designed. I didn't like that the capris was to plain.


Here is the patten I used for the shirt. Size 18

Photobucket
It's the red shirt that's on the pattern package. I just didn't sew in the ribbon for the collar part. I didn't like how that looked. Or the little tassels at the bottom of the shirt.


You know me I had to change up the pattern a bit but, not much.


Close up on shirt
100_0946


Close up on capris
100_0948

No pattern for the capris

So now this weekend hoping to start on Nesa birthday outfit. My baby will be 6 years old on Tuesday wow how time flies by so quickly. I also would like to start getting started on me another shirt. So look for those updated sewing projects this week coming up.:)

So what do you all think of my latest outfit for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend, take care.:)

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

The outfit is great and very flattering on you. I love the print!

Caroline said...

Love the outfit! Can't get enough of capris pants! I like the detail on the pant too!

Laura said...

The outfit is so pretty! It looks great on you! I agree with you about the tassels - I don't like them either. I'm amazed that you sewed that whole outfit so quickly!

Happy early birthday to Nesa!

Cennetta said...

Hi Lesalicious, I find your blog through Patternreview.com. I'm enjoying reading about your sewing & crocheting adventures. BTW- Nice outfit;very RTW.

Anonymous said...

I SOOO love the outfit!!! I can't get patterns here, like I did at Walmart. I miss Simplicity. I had a real nice collection. Right before I moved, I had the materials and pattern to make a hooded cape for myself.

Sheila said...

Work it girl!!! nice outfit... and lovely print.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh you look hot in your new outfit!! Very nice! :-)

The Bookworm said...

wow lesa, that outfit is very cute!!! you 'whipped up a quick outfit'....I wish I could do that! lol

http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

Mary Sarah said...

Great new outfit! Love the fabric, the shirt pattern and how you finished the capris! I can't believe you made them without a pattern! Very cool!

Jada said...

Girl you look fantastic in your outfit!Those colors look great together.

Laurah said...

I agree with Christina - that putfit is really flattering! I love the hemline of the shirt! I have a skirt with a hemline sort of like that. Maybe I should dig it out for when the weather gets warmer around here.
Anyway- you did a fantastic job!