Friday, June 20, 2008

Update Nesa/Crochet/Sewing

Well TGIF :)

A quick update on my daughter Nesa. Well finally decided to update my blog been feeling all down and mopping around the house lately can't sleep due to me worrying to much but, trying to stay strong.

Well Nesa had yet another surgery on Tuesday. It went somewhat ok but, not what I thought it would be. I was told by her GI doctor that due to Nesa's veins in her chest and stomach growing to big that they can burst and she can bleed to death. Now that set me off right there. They have been doing these little surgeries where they go in and inject Nesa's veins to keep them from not getting bigger but, it seems to not be working so now the next step is to put Nesa back on the liver transplant list. That was the last choice so that is what they have to do.

Me hearing this just set me off all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I have been worring keeping a very close eye on Nesa. Making sure she wont bleed. Grrr me typing this just making me ball out in tears.

But, I decided to do my baby girl a crochet blanket to take with her everytime she go to the hospital. There was some lovely ladies from Crochetville that sent me squares last year to do Nesa a very colorful blanket that Nesa takes with her everytime we go to the hospital but, I decided to do her another one with my special touch to it by putting words on her blanket in the middle center piece. "My Lovely Girl Nesa"

But, getting a little help from some lovely ladies from the Ville.
More information on that is here Charity Squres For Nesa That will tell a little more to what I am doing for Nesa blanket. Thanks Christina I seen you was one of the lovely ladies that would like to pitch in. :)

So that is the latest update. They plan to do the injection every month until they can find a liver. But, first next month me and my family will all go for testing. They like to start with family first and go from there. I will totally try to keep everyone updated.


Now I did get to get in a bit of crocheting and sewing. Due to me stressing sewing and crocheting kept me together late at night when I couldn't sleep.

So I got to finish me a shrug. Also a tank top.
Warning the top is the same fabric from another shirt I made.
I had extra fabric left and didn't want it to go to waste.
So I used it to make a quick tank top.
I made the shrug due to me not liking to showing off all of my arms they way to flabby lol:)

100_0991
Front of tank top and shrug
No pattern used for tank top or shrug
Started the shrug on June 16, 2008
Finished the shrug on June 18, 2008
Took brakes in between
Started on tank top June 19, 2008
Finished tank top June 19, 2008
Took about 1 hour or so to finish

100_0996
Back

100_0999
This is a picture of a button I put on my tank top straps so I can put the button in between the crochet stitches. I decided to due this due to everytime I make me a shrug it tends to fall off at the shoulders one point or another so putting the button helps to keep the shrug from falling off.

100_1000
Close up on shrug stitches:)


so there you have it. Thanks for stopping by blogger friends.:) Have any questions on how to do the charity squares for my daughter please contact me the more squares the merry.:) thanks. Contact Me button is at the top of my blog.:)

Everyone take care have a great weekend:) take care:)


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Its my pleasure to help! The tank and shrug are great!

Laura said...

Awww, I feel so bad for you and Nesa. What a horrible thing to have to worry about happening, with the bleeding.. I will keep her in my prayers that her surgeries go well, and that she's able to get the liver transplant she needs.

The tank top and shrug look great! I'm always amazed at how you just whip stuff up with no patterns!

NikkiJ said...

I got the details from Crochetville and will start making the squares right away. Did you have a certain weight of yarn in mind or will worsted do?

T. Joi said...

Lesa...I am praying for you and your family. Please send me your address, I will make some squares this weekend and put them in the mail for you sometime next week. My email address is tjoi527@gmail.com

I will continue to pray for you all.

Andrea Moberly said...

I'll keep your family in my prayers!

Mary Sarah said...

My prayers are with Nesa and you. You are one strong lady and mother! Love the shrug and tank top you made. They're great!

Anonymous said...

Lesa I am so sorry this is happening to poor Nesa. I'm keeping you all in my prayers, and I hope she gets the transplant she needs asap. It must be so hard to stay strong for her. God bless!

Sheila said...

Will keep Nesa in my prayers and looking forward to participating in making squares for her blanket.

Mimi said...

I love your shrug, Lesa!...it looks similar to a popular knitted shrug I saw on Ravelry, I thought you knitted it ;)
Very cool idea on putting a button on your tank. I might be able to do that too :)

I will also be praying for you and Nesa. Keep on being strong for her.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesa,

Little Miss Nesa is in my prayers and so are you. May God give you the strength you need to get through all of this for both your daughters.

That's a great idea of using the button on the tank and putting it through the shrug!

Knitaholictoo said...

would love to help, pls send me yr address. will put precious nesa on prayer list. hugz Sheila