Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Hook Will Be Cold For A Little While

I can't have my hook get cold to long. Just long enough so that I can blow off the dust off my sewing machine lol.

So after being so inspired by my sewing blogger friends, Gold and Sheila I have been keeping a eye out on there blogs seeing all there latest sewing projects. Since summer is here at least here in Milwaukee it is here one day then spring the next day. I decided to get some summer clothes sewn up for me and my girls.

So I started off by going though Nesa and Nellie old clothes and decided to do some recons or you can sey recycle.


This skirt overall set used to be Nellie. It was to short for Nellie so I worked something out.

100_0924

I cut off the top part and added some purple fabric for the bottom to make a shirt. Also made her some matching shorts to go with it.

100_0927
See aint she cute in her outfit. Front
Started on June 2, 2008
Finished on June 2, 2008


100_0929
Back


100_0933
Close up



Now here I used the bottom part of that skirt overall set. To make Nesa skirt. I also made her a matching shirt to go with it.


100_0930
See aint she cute. Front
Started on June 1, 2008
Finished on June 1, 2008



100_0931
Back


100_0934
Close up




Ok here is my latest crochet project. This purse. Mimi called this purse Peek A Boo purse so I took that name from Mimi, thanks Mimi. So here is my Peek A Boo Purse.
Crochet in black, Red, Red Heart. Line the inside with red fabric.


100_0935
Front
Started May 30, 2008
Finished May 31, 2008
Stitches, Single, Double
Hook H


100_0936
Close up on stitches




This fabric is for my upcoming outfit for myself. So stay tune to my upcoming outfit.
100_0937



Also all this fabrics is upcoming outfits for Nesa.
100_0938




This fabric I both to make Nesa a tank top and Nellie a dress. I love this fabric it costs a lot but, it's worth it. Nesa picked out this fabric it has Tinkerbell on it at the bottom.
100_0939


Haven't yet figured out what to do with these fabrics. I brought them and love them so something will come to me soon. I have so many patterns I probably wont be able to make up my mind to what to do.
100_0940

So that is my latest update there. Just mainly a little sewing and my latest crochet project.

Thanks everyone for dropping in. Everyone have a great week.:)


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

13 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

I love the motifs on the peek a boo bag! Your sewing skills are amazing! I love the outfits and especially that you were able to reuse clothing that was still good! Your girls look so adorable and happy in their new outfits.

Mimi said...

I am getting inspired to do some sewing myself, seeing all the lovely clothes and bags you've made, Lesa! Only problem, I got a (almost new) sewing machine from my mom, but she can't (or won't) find the pedal motor it came with...
Yay, I named the purse! I love the design, and the red and black color.

Jada said...

OMG I love what you did to the clothes that were to little for Nesa and Nellie!Fantastic idea!
Girl you know I am going to go in my dd closet and pull out all that stuff that is too little and do the same thing!
I just love all of the bags that you crocheted.I want to make one for my niece before she leave for college all I have do is find a color I think she will like.

Sheila said...

Thanks for the Shout-out. I so LOVE the recon outfits for your lil princesses. You did a fab job.

Anonymous said...

Dang you are so creative Lesa!! The outfits are really cute and your daughters look adorable in them. Can't wait to see what you make for yourself. :-) I love the peek a boo bag as well!

LadyLinoleum said...

The girls look gorgeous in their new threads! Love the purse too...

Wanda Kay said...

I love the outfits, what a great way to recycle the clothes they grow out of. The purse looks great too. Can't wait to see more of you new recycle outfits.

Mary Sarah said...

I love what you did for the girls new outfits! Great ideas!!! Great purse too! Can't wait to see what you make with the new fabrics!

RecycleCindy said...

Your re-purpose of the overall jumper is awesome. I love the outfits you made the girls. Wonderful job!

The Bookworm said...

Hi Lesa, great work as always! very cute outfits :o)

I like the peek-a-boo purse.

enjoy your weekend.
http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

Caroline said...

The outfits on your girls are darling! I love the look of denim with the soft cotton fabric. Another great bag....love the stitch pattern. Happy Friday!

Laurah said...

Oh wow! That peek a boo bag looks so pretty! I really like the technique you used to get that effect.
(Speaking of bags, I've been using the big one you made me everyday to carry my crochet stuff/keys. It is so great- the perfect size and sturdy!)

Lavahlo said...

Girl! You are good! Love those sets!
The girls look to cute!
Nice looking purse as well!
You must work fast! WOW!