Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Dream Of Crochet

Ok this weekend been crochet crazy for me lol. I got one of the purses done that I said, I was going to do that turquoise purse but, mines isn't turquoise at all mines burgurndy and I just say it's a Half Circle purse. The pattern I was following was from Almondeyes121 from Crafters. The pattern was ok I was able to follow it but, I changed up a lot of rows on the pattern making a little altering of my own with the pattern. I did a lot of chain 3 before starting a new round her pattern didn't ask for it and it didn't look right without that chain 3 or that chain 1. So I made a little changes also a couple of rows I changed up as I went also. Taking note so that I was sure to do the same on the second part of the purse.

So here is how it went with my Half Circle purse.:)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Both pieces done. The purse forms the front, back, both sides and bottom.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok now all done I put both pieces together by crocheting them together. But, it still looked nake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I put in some black fabric for the lining and a magnet snap. I also did a crochet strap and connect them to both sides of the purse.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here goes. Aint it cute.

I now want to make a bigger purse like this I just have to change up the pattern by chaining more and crocheting into the circle more times to make the purse bigger. So have to do some little more altering.


(Ok I dream of crochet) After I had finished the Half Circle purse I laid in the bed trying to go to sleep but, had a thought of another purse that just wouldn't get out of my head. I thought about how I would make the purse and how to piece it together. I then finally was able to go to sleep when I wont up on Saturday I just had to give it a try and try out that purse that was stuck in my head most of the night. So me being me I came up with a purse I will call "Fancy Skirt Purse"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the start of my purse. I took notes and wrote what I did every step of the way so I would be able to repeat it for the second half of the purse. The purse was done with two pieces of yarn to give it that stiffness I was looking for. The purse forms the back, front and bottom part.

So now here is the finished purse.

"Fancy Skirt Purse"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Front, Awww aint it so cute lol.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Back,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Close up

Also this purse only have one strap but, I can alter to be 2 straps. One end of the strap is on the front part of the purse the other is on the back end of the purse I thought it would be more unique that way it just came to me.

Done in Red Heart in white and burgundy
Done with a K and H hook
Only stitches was used was all single stitches


I would like to do this purse again with different colors and differnt stitches altering my own design I guess that's how we all learn. But, I liked how this pursed turned out yet to put lining in the inside have to by me some burgundy fabric.

So there you have it my weekend so far. Today Sunday now working on a newsboy cap and also changing up my v-neck shirt making it longer and making the sleeves a bit longer.


Ok that's it for now, thanks for stopping by and checking out my crochet work. :)

Everyone take care and have a great Sunday.:)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, excellent work on the purses! I really like the half circle one, but I am needing something more closer to that skirt purse you dreamed of. I still need to draw out what I want, so I can blog it.

CraftyAshley said...

I love both purses. But I love, love, love your skirt purse. Great job, sounds like you had a productive weekend. Wish I could say the same.

Monica-FC said...

I love both purses and that is unsal for me to see a purse I love rugh away. You did a great on them.

Karen said...

Great job! I admire the way you dream something up, then make it happen.

C. Dishmont said...

The bags are waaay cute. Loves it!

Crafty Christina said...

Both purses look fantastic, but I am in love with the circle purse!

Sheila said...

Great job on the purses.

The Bookworm said...

Hi Lesa, great purses!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, youre the fastest crochet I know!

Lesalicious said...

Thanks everyone for the comments:) thanks